Friday, March 19, 2010

Bath Tub Paint Party

family fun, paint party

A few weeks ago I was visiting one blog that I do like a lot - The Idea Room - and saw her post about a fun time that she had with her kids painting at the bath tub and I loved the idea. I decided to do something similar to that with Lucas so I created my own paint with him and we had lots of fun.

family fun, paint party

To make the paint we used:
Flour
Kids shower gel
Food coloring
family fun, paint party

In a plastic container pour a little of the flour, ( I am terrible with giving recipes up, I never know how much of this or that I used, sorry, you can blame it on me), twice that amount of the shower gel and then color it with food coloring.  I used shower gel just in case it gets to his eyes, so I knew it would not be a big of a deal.

family fun, paint party

I gave him some brush, sponges and let him play. He painted our entire tub; tried to paint myself, his toys. What a good messy bath he had! I enjoyed as much as he did watch him playing at the tub. I just wanted to make sure that he wasn't eating that.
family fun, paint party

In the end, I gave him some clean sponges and asked him to clean it up. He is such a great helper!!!! Seriously, Lucas likes everything clean and organized and I love it on him. It is funny because sometimes, when the house is messy, he will be picking things and organizing it as he is playing. Just like his mom, LOL.

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea. I would have never thought about that. Also I love the heading picture. Super Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award for you over on my site!
    http://momvstheboys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Cute!

    Following you from MBC :-)

    You can find me here~
    http://debshere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. I love that! I will definitely do this with my oldest - the little guy isn't even one yet, so this is a bit beyond him yet.

    Cute photos, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my GOSH! you are SUCH a cool Mom!
    This mess is making me twitch. LOL... and I KNOW it's totally washable. haha.. I have issues I think. lol.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete